Payroll Coordinator II | Remote
Pompano Beach, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this opportunity:
Albion Healthcare's division has a client looking for a Payroll Coordinator II to work remote but may require an office visit from time to time. Office location is Dallas, Texas 75240. Our client services on a national basis with over 15,000 employees. The Payroll Coordinator II is responsible for processing an accurate and timely biweekly payroll which involves multiple entities, state jurisdictions and approximately 4,500 employees (clinical staff only). This is a remote position but will need to be flexible to come into the office on payroll weeks as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process an accurate and timely bi-weekly payroll for our client's multiple companies and multiple state jurisdictions, including over 4,500 + employees.
- Knowledge of payroll compliance with, e.g., IRS rules and regulations, wage & hour laws, FLSA.
- Knowledge of 941s, federal and state unemployment taxes, and other payroll-related tax forms and rules. Assist with any needed reconciliations and amendments.
- Reconcile state and federal unemployment gross wages.
- Review wages computed and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Audit changes affecting payroll data.
- Research and respond to payroll inquiries by all levels of employees.
- Prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes and deductions.
- Prepare journal entry template to re-class allocations issues as necessary.
- Act as a backup KRONOS administrator and a backup eLabor administrator.
- Prepare schedules for auditors (both internal and external).
- Calculate time records as necessary. Enter time records in Lawson either directly or using upload .CSV files. Review eLabor and KRONOS time records.
- Issue manual checks, stop payments, ACH retrievals, void checks, as necessary.
- Act as backup for garnishments processing Calculate disposable income for the Legal Department, set up garnishments in Lawson, review reports, and prepare AP check requests
- Other duties as assigned by Payroll Manager
- Reads and abides by the companys code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs
- Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Communicate and work well in a team environment
- Meet established production and quality goals/metrics
- Follow up in a timely manner on open items
- Able to effectively prioritize work on a daily basis
- Associates Degree preferred or higher and 3 or more years of related Payroll experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Lawson HR/Payroll, KRONOS and any other Time and Attendance system
- Lawson Report Writer or other reporting/query tool
Applicants will work remote but may require an office visit from time to time. Office location is Dallas, Texas 75240
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.