Ocean Import Coordinator | Miami, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is in need of a Ocean Import Coordinator to work at a company located in the Miami, FL area. To provide our clients with a high level of customer service and be responsible for facilitating inbound cargo via ocean shipments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, review, and process import documentation for accounts.
- Ensure documentation is accurately processed, distributed and released to carrier, customers and agents in a timely manner.
- Obtain and create quotes for shipments and source best method of transportation.
- Work with Brokerage or CFS to coordinate and monitor the release of goods from the carrier, Customs, or other governmental agency examinations that may be required.
- Communicate with overseas agents to ensure proper pre-alerts and documentation.
- Continue to explore different options to reduce cost, and increase revenues.
- Track and trace shipment and provide updates to clients and sales.
- Uphold a strong and professional relationship with airlines, transportation agencies and sales.
- Demonstrate an emphasis on customer satisfaction per company policy.
- Maintain shipment files and ensure billing is completed within a timely fashion.
- Assist as backup for alternate accounts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 year experience with freight forwarder or import agency
- Knowledge on incoterms
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills; along with math skills for dimension conversions
- Intermediate to Advanced PC skills - MS Office
- Highly organized
- Professional and courteous demeanor
- Displays a flexible and open minded willingness to adapt to new environments and be a team player
- Must have good ethical standards
Applicants will work in the customer's facilities in Miami, FL.
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Applying for this position:
Please apply via the Link displayed or directly into Albion's Talent Community at: https://jobs.albionstaffing.com/jobs